By Wayne Grudem, posted on The Wintery Knight Blog.
Note: This is a link to an audio file. It is an excellent treatment on the issue that confronts our culture. Believers should have a well reasoned Biblical response.
- what about turning the other cheek? doesn’t that undermine self-defense?
- what does Jesus say about the right to self-defense in the New Testament
- did Jesus’ disciples carry swords for protection during his ministry?
- why did Jesus tell his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy swords?
- what about Jesus stopping Peter from using force during Jesus’ arrest?
- shouldn’t we rely on police instead of our own personal weapons?
- what about brandishing a handgun vs actually trying to shoot someone?
- what are violent crime rates in pro-gun USA and in the anti-gun UK?
- does outlawing guns cause violent crime to increase or decrease?
- do academic studies show that gun control decreases crime?
- do academic studies show that concealed carry laws decreases crime?
- what do academic studies show about defensive handgun usage?
- do many children die from guns in the home compared to other causes?
- doesn’t the US Constitution limit the usage of guns to the army and police?
- what did the Founding Fathers believe about lawful ownership of firearms?
- What should be the goal of someone who uses a weapon in self-defense?
This will redirect you to the Wintery Knight Web Page to listen to the audio file. There is also a link for the PDF file for notes on the topic.